A guide to buying the perfect baby bathtub
In generations past, most babies got all their scrub downs in the kitchen sink. These days, plastic or foam tubs give parents a convenient spot to prop floppy newborns and keep more curious older babies contained. While bathtime can be adorable, it can also be tricky- a good tub can make the process a lot easier for parents. There are two main categories of baby tubs to choose from: sink inserts and basins, and we cover them both in this article.
Do you need a baby bathtub?
The kitchen sink is still an option, but a baby bathtub will help you prop up an unstable newborn. It’s also great to set on top of a kitchen counter for bath time, rather than bending over the tub (especially hard for new moms recovering from delivery). Plus, there are great budget options, so if you’re toying with the idea of skipping, just know it’s a baby gear item that won’t break the bank.
How long will you use it?
Each baby bath tub has its own age range. Don’t fret if you love one that you think will be outgrown quickly- around the 6 month mark when baby is sitting up well on their own they can usually graduate to the big tub anyway, so it’s ok to buy a baby bathtub that will be outgrown around then.
How we chose our best picks
We asked thousands of real BabyList families about the baby products they love the most. We took the top baby tubs they shared with us and added our own research and insight. We think you and your little one will love at least one of these items, too.
- Usually flexible, molds to fit kitchen or bathroom sink
- Caregiver can stand at sink comfortably during bath time
- Hangs conveniently- great for limited storage space
- Typically outgrown after 4-6 months
Summer Infant Right Height Tub 4 Stage
The Right Height Bath Tub offers ultimate comfort for you and your baby during bath time. The tub features a newborn bath support that allows baby to be positioned comfortably at the correct incline. An extra platform safely raises the tub, making it comfortable and easier to reach baby.
- Newborn bath support provides a comfortable incline for baby
- Sturdy plastic platform safely raises baby to parent's level, later converts to stand-alone kneeler or handy step stool
- Gripper feet help prevent tipping
- Locking tabs ensure a snug fit between the tub and base
- Ample tub size supports toddlers up to two years
- Large tub
- Sturdy platform
- Newborn support sling
(Source from: https://www.babylist.com/hello-baby/best-bathtubs)