How to make mealtimes easier! Moms share their tips
1. "We ensure that we all sit at the table to eat along – our baby loves being a part of the family meal along with his big siblings. It means that my husband and i eat pretty early, however it's worthwhile once we get that family time in at the top of the day."
2. "Our nearly 2-year-old encompasses a matching plate, bowl, cup, fork and spoon set, and he is aware of they're his and only for meal times."
4. "My girl wants the same cup, full of water, at the table together with her every night. it is so much easier to settle her once everything is in its place."
5. "We've accidentally created a routine with my son – nobody is allowed to eat till we are saying 'cheers' and clink our cups along. It's really nice because it makes sure we're all present and being attentive to one another at the beginning of the meal."
6. "My 18-month-old is getting eight teeth quickly and wasn't feeding till my sister advised going back to using rubber baby spoons. currently he has been eating far more because the hard spoons are not hurting his mouth."
7. "We make sure everybody washes their hands before dinner – together with the baby, however I simply use wipes on his hands. It does not sound sort of a lot but it is a smart habit to induce into, even once they are that little, and it means that it's time to go to the table afterwards."
8. "When my son was younger we resorted to utilizing a tiny plastic toy tractor with a scoop on front as his 'spoon' … it worked well for him!"
9. "Growing up, my mum used to light a candle as a centre piece – it absolutely was a part of the suppertime routine, and signified the beginning of the meal (time to stop playing and sit all the way down to eat). currently that I even have a baby and a toddler I've adapted this and use a battery-operated candle to do the same thing."
10. "It's not a daily routine per se, however it is the one factor that happens each night: the TV goes off! If our girl will even hear the TV within the background she gets distracted and less likely to eat, therefore it's off before the food hits the table."
11. "My son suddenly refused to use the plastic cutlery he had been using. My mum thought perhaps it absolutely was as a result of us adults used metal cutlery, therefore she bought him his own tea spoon and cocktail fork. From then on he has eaten up using them without a problem."
12. "We begin each meal with a prayer. To teach values of being grateful for the food, therefore as my son grows he'll be ready to take part and say it himself."
13. "When we begin dinner we turn on some soothing music. i like to assume it helps keep things calm ... well, it helps keep me calm at least!"
Article inspired by,