Essentials Food Cutter & Masher
CRITERIA FOR THE BEST MASHER
There are lots of great masher options for preparing your own bay food. But how do we decide which ones are the ‘best’? Ultimately you final choice will come down to personal preference. To narrow your choices down before buying use these criteria to how well the device performs.
- Ease of Use – Consider how much effort is needed to make create your baby purees and mash. Would you prefer the machine to do most of the work for you or are you not fussed about putting in a bit of elbow grease? Consider if you need to remove skins and seeds before using or will the masher do that for you.
- Cleaning – You’ll make a lot of mess when mashing up food. Small bit of food will be everywhere, as well as the any juices. Look for a masher which rates highly for cleaning and doesn’t stain easily.
- Consistency – A baby who weans early will need food with a smooth consistency and no lumps. As your baby ages they adapt to chunkier food and lumps help them to advance with weaning. Look out for a device which as the option to create a variety of textures.
- Volume – Do you want the make your own baby food in single portions or do you want to create large batches for freezing?
- Price – Most food mashers are fairly inexpensive.
ADVANTAGES OF USING A BABY FOOD MASHER
As one category of the food processor, an alternative to using an electric blander for making purees, a cutter or a grinder is a fun and inexpensive ways to process your food. Some grinder even comes with containers.
Most mashing devices are fairly inexpensive to use. The cheapest options are usually mashers because you’re doing most of the work. Even the most expensive manual masher is around the same price as a very basic blender.
EASY TO CLEAN
Most mashers are very easy to clean as pretty much all the parts are suitable for placing in the dishwasher. Handwashing can be a bit tricky, but they are usually easy to rinse off and then soak in hot soapy water to remove any more food.
You never need to work about use these during a power cut or adding to your electricity bill. This also makes them very easy to use in places where there is no easy accessible power source, such as when you’re travelling or camping.
Mashers are quite compact which makes them much easier to store than a motorised blender. They are a great option if you have a small kitchen or lack of storage space.
Essentials Food Cutter & Masher
Essential Food Cutter & Masher is designed with a unique blade and crushing mechanism that effectively snip and mash food into small bite-sized pieces. Made of food-grade, high quality ABS plastic.
Essential Food Cutter & Masher is designed with a unique blade and crushing mechanism that effectively snip and mash food into small bite-sized pieces. Hold it like a normal scissor to cut food into bits easily or hold it like a masher to crush food.
- food preparation made easy & quick!
- Comes with a case, for use on-the-go
- Made of food-grade, high quality ABS plastic
- Safe for your child
- Will not rust
There are 2 great ways of using it:
- hold it like a regular scissors to cut food into bits effortlessly in seconds.
- hold it like a masher to mash or flatten food.
Wash before use with warm water and mild detergent. Top-rack dishwasher safe.
(Source from: http://mamaunion.co.uk/best-baby-food-masher/ & http://www.agapebabies.com/agapebabies/essentials-food-cutter-masher.html)