Baby Utensils: Spoons and forks JUST for your baby
Eating spaghetti with your hands. As a baby it is absolutely adorable. As an adult it is creepy and weird. As your baby grows up there will come a time when you need to introduce him to the wonderful world of utensils.
Even if the only classy thing that you manage teach your baby is how to use a knife and fork, you have succeeded as a parent.
Spoons for Spoon Feeding
A great spoon can make spoon feeding your baby a much simpler task.
So what makes a good spoon for feeding your baby?
Excellent question. Some things to look out for when choosing a spoon for spoon feeding include:
1. Soft tipped – If your baby bites down hard on a metal spoon then your babies meal time is as good as over. You will have to wait until the tears stop before attempting to feed again. A soft plastic or silicone spoon will keep your babies gums protected no matter how hard he chomps. Note: Some babies actually prefer metal spoons..
2. Flat tipped Your baby is going to end up with food all over his face, no matter how good you are at landing that aeroplane into your babies mouth. A spoon with a flat tip will allow you to easily scrape away the bits around your babies lips and sneakily slip it back into his mouth.
3. Nicely weighted An often overlooked part of spoon feeding is the weight of the spoon. If the handle is too heavy then there is no way you will be able to get your spoon to remain upright in your babies food jar.
On-the-Go Feeding Spoon
A soft, right-sized Spoon for gentle feeding on the go
Food-grade silicone coating gives this Feeding Spoon a soft touch. Each shallow spoonful holds just enough for baby’s mouth, and is soft enough to scrape the last bits out of the bowl or wipe them off of baby’s face. Spoon fits neatly into the compact carrying case.
- Silicone Spoon feels soft in baby’s mouth
- Silicone edge perfect for scraping food from bowl, jar or wiping food from baby’s mouth
- Spoon shaped for easy scooping of food
- Contoured handle angled for ease of feeding
- Sturdy stainless steel for durability
- BPA, phthalate and PVC free
- 6 months +
- Dishwasher safe
On-the-Go Fork & Spoon Set
Easy-grip utensils help tots learn to feed themselves
Both Fork and Spoon make it easy for young eaters to get their food from dish to mouth. A flat spot on the handles prevents the fork and spoon from rolling off the table or high chair tray, and the soft grips are shaped to keep them from sliding into bowls or plates. Made of durable stainless steel.
- Soft, non-slip handles are easy for little hands to hold
- Handles are curved to prevent slipping into bowl or plate
- Effective fork tines, yet no sharp edges, deep spoon shape for easier scooping of food and liquids
- Sturdy stainless steel for durability
- BPA, phthalate and pvc free
BOON SQUIRT SILICONE BABY FOOD DISPENSING SPOON
SQUIRT isn't just a spoon; it's a revelation. It takes baby food, removes the jar and the mess, packs it into a single utensil and with one squeeze-- boom! You get easy, one-handed feeding. Pop on the cap to seal food on-the-go. Caution: May cause gobbling and an uncontrollable appreciation for anything delicious.
- Dispenses baby food one bite at a time
- Perfect for Stage 1 or 2 baby food
- Convenient one-handed feeding
- Includes cap for storage
- Large easy-to-clean bulb holds up to 3 oz (90 ml) of baby food
- Great for on-the-go
- Food-grade silicone
- Recommended age: 4+ months
- BpA-free, Phthalate-free and PVC-free
- Dimensions: 2" x 7.1" x 2"
Wash thoroughly before initial use and after each use. Wash each piece separately. Dishwasher-safe or hand wash in warm, soapy water. DO NOT microwave. DO NOT boil or sterilize.
The Boon squirt will allow you to do just that. The back section of the spoon is a squeezable bulb container capable of holding up to 3 ounces of baby food. Simply unscrew the bulb and load your baby food inside.
There is a small hole at the neck of the spoon. When the bulb is squeezed the spoon head catches the food. From here you shove it in your baby’s mouth and celebrate just how easy it all was.
Sounds TOO EASY. Doesn’t it. As always, there is a catch.
The Boon Squirt works better with runny baby foods. Thicker, chunkier baby foods are quite difficult to squeeze out. And be sure to give it a good shake if air gets trapped inside, otherwise the food to literally explode out of the nozzle and all over your baby.
While covering my baby head to toe in his favorite thick baby food was hilarious, the tears of laughter were quickly replaced with tears of sadness when I realized it was me that would have to clean the whole mess up.
But for runny custards and purees this baby spoon is awesome and makes feeding your baby incredibly easy, especially when travelling. A cap that covers the spoon is even included. This allowed me to throw a couple of frozen baby food cubes inside in the morning and have them thawed and ready to serve by lunchtime.
As you would expect from Boon, this baby spoon is free from nasties like PVC, BPA and phthalates, incredibly easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
(Source from: https://parent.guide/baby-utensils/)