Our Original Marine carrier blends our award-winning comfort and design with an ocean-friendly pattern of whales amid a classic smoky blue.
Award-winning. Comfortable. Functional.
For 10 years, the award-winning Ergobaby Original Collection has been offering parents and baby the comfort and ergonomics that made our name. Voted fan favorite in our design contest, this mom-designed baby carrier is inspired by California’s vintage beach style. Pastel mint green lining and allover polka dot print give this classic indigo carrier a playful twist, the perfect accessory for all your everyday adventures.
Three Position Original Carriers
All Ergobaby Carriers are Endorsed by the Chiropractors Association of Australia. They are also acknowledged by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute (IHDI) as a ‘hip healthy’ product. Other awards include ‘Most Popular Baby Carrier’2012-2013,’Best Loved Baby Carrier’ 2015, ‘Must Have Baby Product’ 2014, ‘Best Baby Carrier’ 2014, ‘Comfiest Way To Keep Baby Close’ 2014 and 2012, ‘Top 10 Most Recommended’ 2014, ‘Favourite Baby Carrier’ 2013, and ‘Best Travel Product’ 2012.
Ergonomic baby carrier
- Smoky Blue color in a super soft 100% cotton canvas
- Sweet sea-themed lining of printed whales
- Comfortable for parents: Baby's weight is evenly distributed between hips and shoulders
- Ergonomic for baby: In all carry positions, baby is cradled in a natural sitting position with their knees slightly above their hips, aligning with the recommended carry position from the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
- 3 Carry positions: front-inward, hip and back
- Adjustable hood to support baby's head while sleeping, protect baby from sun and offer mom privacy while nursing
- Large zippered storage pocket
- With an Ergobaby Infant Insert (sold separately), it is useable with your baby early in childhood (7-12lbs/3.2-5.5kg), until baby has strong and consistent head and neck control, and without an infant insert it is usable up through toddlerhood (from 12-45lbs/5.5-20kg).
- Adjustable padded waistbelt (26-55 in/66-140 cm) and shoulder straps (24-44 in/61-112 cm) offer maximum comfort and distribute weight evenly across wearer's hips and shoulders
- 100% Cotton Canvas shell and 100% Cotton Poplin lining
- Machine washable
- Carrier body: 100% cotton canvas
- Carrier lining: 100% cotton poplin
- Carrier weight: 1.52 lbs / 690 grams
- Sleeping Hood: Integrated, 100% cotton poplin with elastic edging and snap-to-strap attach. Supports baby’s head while sleeping and protects from sun and wind. Adjusts in length with 5 snap levels for growth of baby.
- Shoulder straps: Padded with 1” high-density premium foam, expanding from 24” to 45”
- Waist strap: Padded with 1.4” high-density EVA foam, expanding from 26” to 49”
- Chest strap: Sliding adjustment
- Fill: 100% cotton batting in body of carrier to soften edges
- Small zippered stuff pouch, doubles as Sleeping Hood storage
- Large zippered storage pocket holds your wallet, keys, and mobile phone
- Ergonomic structure for ideal physical support for babies and parents
- Supports correct sitting position for baby's hip, pelvis, and spine growth
- Use in front, back, and hip positions
- Carries babies from infancy (with Heart2Heart™ Infant Insert up to 4-5 months) to45lbs/20kgs (safety certification: ASTM and JPMA).
- CPSIA compliant
- One-inch, high density foam in shoulder straps
- Quarter-inch high density EVA foam in waist belt
- Custom high-test buckles
- Premium quality webbing, coordinates with Carrier
- Reinforced stitching used at all fabric intersections
- Interior interfacing reinforcements at critical intersections
- Machine washable: Cold with mild detergent on gentle cycle. Dry on delicate cycle and remove when seams are still damp. Air dry.
Award-winning. comfortable. functional.
This award-winning design holds your baby in an ergonomic, natural sitting position. The padded waist belt ensures baby's weight is evenly distributed between your hips and shoulders while the adjustable, cushy padded shoulder straps provide you with ultimate comfort. In any color or print, the Ergobaby Original Carrier is the perfect choice as you embark on everyday adventures.
The Ergobaby Original Baby Carrier has been acknowledged as a "hip healthy" product by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute. Our baby carriers are comfortable, ergonomic, and safe for baby's hips.
Ergonomic baby carrier
- 100% Cotton shell and lining
- Adjustable padded shoulder straps and waist belt
- Large storage pocket
- Adjustable hood
- Machine washable
- Comfortable for Parents: Baby’s weight is evenly distributed between the hips and shoulders
- Ergonomic for Baby: Baby is cradled in a natural sitting position
- 3 Carry Positions: Front, Back and Hip
- Baby Weight Range: 7*-45 lb/3.2* – 20 kg (*Newborn with Infant Insert)
- Stitching: Reinforced at all fabric intersections for extra durability
- Shoulder Strap Length Range: 24”-44” (61cm-112cm)
- Waist belt Circumference Range: 26”-55” (66cm-140cm)
- Shoulder Strap Padding: 1” high density PU foam
- Large Zippered Storage Pocket
- Machine washable
- Designed in the USA
All-day comfort and multiple ergonomic carry positions to keep baby close while enjoying everyday adventures. The award-winning baby carrier that made our name.
Ergobaby Carriers are comfortable for parents, ergonomic for baby, offer multiple carry positions and allow you to carry your baby from day 1.
Ergobaby is simply Better Parenting by Design
BETTER PARENTING BY DESIGN.
Comfortable for Parents:
The ergonomic design is so comfortable, you can wear the carrier longer because the padded shoulder straps and padded waistbelt evenly distribute baby's weight between your shoulders and hips.
Ergonomic for Baby:
The Ergobaby Carrier cradles your baby just the way you do with baby in a natural sitting position, aligning with the recommended carry position from the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
Multiple Carry Positions:
Carry your child in three different positions: on the front, on the back and on the side.
Part 1 Front carry
Part 2 Back carry
Part 3 Hip Carry
Australia Ergo Features (EXTRA)
Features and Benefits
Multi award-winning stellar line up of international design awards
Recommended by, and developed in consultation with health professionals
Comfortable for parents baby’s weight is evenly distributed across your hips and shoulders
Ergonomic for baby cradles baby in a natural sitting position
3 carry positions front, back and hip carry positions
Breastfeed on the go adjustable design allows handsfree feeding
The only carrier you’ll ever need from newborn to toddler, 3.2kg (with any Infant Insert) to 15kg
Aligns with the recommended carry position from the Hip Dysplasia Institute
Hood allows for sleeping baby, discreet breastfeeding, and sun/wind protection
Convenient lightweight, compact, easy to transport
Promotes mobility great for tight spaces, uneven surfaces and stairs – whether in or outdoors
Safety tested and certified design
Highly adjustable carrier suits wearers from 153cm – 195cm (5’ to 6’5”)
Storage compartments for easy, handsfree storage
More accessories to match the carriers
Fair trade Ergobaby is committed to best practices in all factories
Naturally breathable 100% cotton fabric and filling
· 10 months ago
Game-changing carrier, but consider your climate
Pros: Unbelievably comfortable (4 mile walks +), adorable, quality fabric, extremely comfortably for baby, stores well for travel or in closet, my favorite carrier hands-down.
Cons: Might not be the best for women with extremely large breasts (DDD +), individuals who sweat easily, takes practice to learn how to put on and take off efficiently, will be too warm for baby in hot and humid climates during prolonged use.
Comparisons: SO much more comfortable than the Baby Bjorn and better for baby's hips, but not quite as easy to take off. Much easier to use, comfortable for parent, and sturdier for extended walks than the Baby K'tan, but does not fold up as small or compact for travel or storage.
Wishlist: This EXACT carrier, but in the performance fabric with the same buckle for warmer weather.
Best carrier on the market, however, beware if you are planning to use this somewhere extremely warm and humid like Florida. I've found this carrier is ideal for indoor use, and weather under 85 degrees. Otherwise, I think there's a risk of overheating the baby. We took this carrier on a recent trip to Disney World in Florida (temperatures randing form 70s-90s) and everyone agreed it was super useful and comfortable, but after 30 mins we would take baby out because she seemed quite warm.
I do know Ergobaby makes a performance carrier that is supposed to be better for longer walks and hotter weather, however, upon reading reviews I decided not to get that one because the waist/hip strap is made of velcro and I LOVE this buckle strap- also a lot more likely to last through several children.
This is the only carrier I like to use (yes, after being gifted two others) and I'm so glad it seems sturdy enough for the daily 4 mile walks baby and I take and still able to last multiple children.
I recommend this product.
· a year ago
Saw this pattern for the first time and had to get it! It is so adorable, he's so cozy in it and it is extremely comphortable. A little timly to get on but no big deal at all
I recommend this product.